Sunday, March 13, 2011

Facebook



This video always makes me laugh... Irony is by definition the expression of meaning through the use of language signifying the opposite, typically for humorous effects... or again, a state of affairs that appears perversely contrary to what one expects.  I think laughing is a good way of living... that's more or less my policy. From my experience when you used all your tears, the only thing left is a bitter smile... so better start laughing at unwanted things and deal with them, straight from the beginning. ...and if there's really nothing to laugh about it, I just try to keep in mind that smiling costs nothing and it cannot hurt. Originally I wanted to write a post about Facebook, because it's really a weird reality. There's plenty of good things about Facebook, for example through this social network I could made contact with a girl in South Africa, Tamryn. As far as I got it, she's a psychologist who studies the privacy issues of Facebook and I asked her some material for writing a post.  http://tamrynsherriffs.com/

As a coincidence, in those days I had the weirdest discussion I ever had on FB. Generated from a complex mix of misinterpretations and misunderstanding, the "conversation" ended up in a very embarrassing way, at least for me. But the funny side of the story was that the participants didn't know each other. But I did know all of them! :S  ...all the good energies I had about the social-network-topic just left me and I'm trying to avoid FB more and more lately. At the end, nothing can substitute a real conversation in front of a coffee. Facebook is just a surrogate in order not to lose completely the contacts with the people you left behind by guessing what happens in their life via status and pictures. But it can also be a nice tools of communication with your close friends. 


At the end, I didn't feel anymore thinking about FB. In addition I start wondering about the sense of this all blog thing... I wasn't inspired to write. I'm humble enough, even if it's very hard to see this part of me, to know that my opinion counts only for one out of 7 billions people and therefore it's not necessarily interesting. I don't expect even to be right... right & wrong are awkward concepts in my opinion. If there is no discussion about a topic is like I'm talking to myself... so I stopped writing. Tonight I cannot sleep and it's some days I'm thinking about words and pictures and communication. The 27th of February I went with Seb to the Magritte Museum in Bruxelles. I found  Magritte genial!   

Il ne faut pas craindre la lumière du soleil sous prétexte qu'elle n'a presque toujours servi qu'à éclairer un monde miserable.

Magritte in "Les mots et les Images" says that an object is linked to his name as long as we cannot find another one that fits it better. And a word can take the place of an object in the reality, but also can be replaced by an image in a sentence. He also write that in a painting words have the same substance of images, but we look at them in two different ways. 

"Une forme quelconque peut remplacer l'image d'un object.
Un object ne fait jamais le meme office que son nom ou que son image.
Or, les contours visibles des objects, dans la réalité, se touchent comme s'ils formaient une mosaique.
Les figures vagues ont une signification aussi nécessaire aussi parfaite que les précises.
Parfois, le noms écrits dans un tableau désignent des choses précises et les images des choses vagues. Ou bien le contraire."  

Indeed, if I were an artist I would be surrealist. The painting with the bottle and the carrot is called "L'explication". I find it awesome! Yeah, lately I started some activities that nourish my soul, in order to worry less about science. My PhD is getting on, but still I have some days when I do feel stressed. I started Drama classes and Diction Francaise! With a bit of luck I might start Mime classes, which sounds very very interesting. And it's working, I really like this new things in my life even if I had to give up swimming. It's really like an infusion of happiness and shamelessness! :D 
And today I will restart going to the Apero-Jazz in Luxembourg... hope I will enjoy it even after a sleepless night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment